Popular Posts

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Wild Turkey Breast

My husband, as I've said before, likes to hunt.  He and his friend went this spring for wild turkeys.  While he didn't get one, his friend did and shared it with us.  I've had it in the freezer and decided since it's close to Thanksgiving I would cook it and get us ready for the holiday :))  This one I cooked in the crock pot and it couldn't have been easier!!  (I'm sure this would be good with a store bought turkey breast too!)

1 turkey breast (approximately 2 pounds)
1 1/2 cups white wine (I like Chardonnay for this)
1 onion sliced
salt
pepper
2 small sprigs of rosemary

Lay the sliced onions in the bottom of the crock pot.  Liberally salt and pepper the breast and lay on top of the onions.  Slowly pour in the wine.  Add the sprigs of rosemary to the crock pot laying them beside the breast.  Cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours or on high for 4. 

When the breast is done, you can take the leftover wine in the crock pot and put it in a small pan.  Make a slurry of water and corn starch to slowly thicken the wine broth.  This will make an excellent sauce for the turkey!  (Adding a tablespoon of butter will make it richer too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment