Popular Posts

Monday, November 14, 2011

Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers

I've always thought that stuffed peppers were pretty but I never really liked them.  I just didn't develop a taste for the the green bells. I found some of the red, yellow, and orange bells on sale and tried to come up with something that my family would really like.  

Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cans of enchilada sauce
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can Rotel tomatoes and chilies (drained)
3 to 4 bell peppers (I prefer the red, orange, and yellow ones)
1 cup shredded cheese

Half the peppers and clean out the cores.  Place in a baking dish.  Brown the ground meat with the onion.  Drain well.  Add one can of the enchilada sauce, rice, and black beans.  Stuff the peppers with this mixture.  Blend the can of Rotel with the enchilada sauce.  Pour on top of the stuffed peppers.  Bake in the oven for around 40 minutes at 350 degrees.  Sprinkle cheese over the peppers and put back in the oven until the cheese is melted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment